Your Corporate Party or Event
Throughout the year many companies plan events and parties. Everything from company meetings to presentations to training courses, and of course, at this time of year the corporate Xmas party takes precedent.
So the question is ... did you plan your corporate Christmas party? If so did you find it difficult to bring all the details together and ensure your event ticked all the right boxes?
Many people find it hard and more than a little daunting when it comes to party planning. Especially when it comes to events like the corporate Xmas party, so we thought we'd take some time this month when party planning and Xmas parties are in full swing, to go through our top tips on how to plan the perfect party.
- Party planning no matter what time of the year or what the occasion needs time. You can never plan too far in advance. Start as early as possible! This is especially important for things like Xmas parties. Xmas is the busiest time of the year, so diaries fill up fast. That means you'll want to get the date agreed as early as possible. By planning in advance you are also much more likely to get the venue you want rather than having to "make do".
- The size of your budget will ultimately have a huge impact on the type of party you can organise. Establish what your budget is and work to this accordingly. Revisit your budget regularly to ensure you stay on track.
- Have a clear idea of what you want and how you want things to work on the day/night. Include things like your table plans or if you are going for an informal approach it might simply be when the food will be available or when the entertainment will start etc. Having a plan will help you stay organised and give you the confidence that your party is running as smoothly as possible.
- Once you know your date, budget and requirements you can start to research and narrow down your hotel venue options. Allow as much time as possible for research and check out each venue carefully (including looking for reviews on how they've performed in the past).
- Food and drink is always a key part of any party. Consider the people who will be attending the party and what will suit them best. Once you've decided on the hotel ask them to work with you to come up with a menu or party food ideas that you think will work and that people will enjoy.
- Don't forget about your entertainment. It can make or break a party. Again ask advice from your hotel venue as they'll have experience in party entertainment and may come up with some ideas you may not have even thought of!
- Send out a "put this date aside" email as soon as you can. Send out the formal invites at least two to three weeks in advance and another reminder a few days before the party.
- Now you've done all the hard work it's time to relax and enjoy the party!
Or Work With the Experts
Of course even with the best party planning tips in the world you may prefer to use a hotel booking agent like Booking Partners to find the right hotel for your next party or event.
Booking Partners can bring their expertise to bear when booking the right hotel venue for your party. They can even provide help and advice with menus, party food and entertainment. With over 25 years' experience as hotel booking agents you couldn't be in better hands.